Board of advisors announced for Charitable Words Scholars
Six distinguished professionals with experience in the fields of law, marketing, journalism, education and the arts have joined The Charitable Words Scholars Board of Advisors. They will participate in student and programs recruitment and selections and be available to provide guidance and mentoring.
- Margy Waller is a veteran policy advocate and communicator whose past work has included serving as Visiting Fellow at the Brookings Institution, Senior Advisor on domestic policy in the Clinton-Gore White House, and Director of Public Policy at United Way of America. She currently is a Senior Fellow with Topos Partnership.
- Byron McCauley is Senior Director of Public Relations for KnowledgeWorks, which helps disadvantaged students thrive and succeed. He is a former journalist and editorial writer for The Cincinnati Enquirer.
- Michelle Foster is an international media management and marketing consultant based in Washington, D.C. and formerly senior market development executive for Gannett Co., Inc.
- Elissa Yancey is Educator Associate Professor of Journalism, University of Cincinnati and co-founder of Wordplay, a creative writing and literacy initiative serving Cincinnati area students.
- Linda Averbeck is a Northern Kentucky attorney and board member of Transitions Global, which provides housing, counseling, education and job training to teenaged girls rescued from sex trafficking in Cambodia.
- J. Keith Moyer is Senior Fellow, University of Minnesota, School of Journalism and Mass Communication and former publisher of The Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
Charitable Words is privileged to have them on the team, and thanks all for their commitment to matching for students interested in humanitarian work with causes in need of jobs to be done.
About Charitable Words Scholars:
Charitable Words Scholars matches students interested in the humanitarian sector with nonprofits in Greater Cincinnati and around the world. Charitable Words and friends will be available as a resource and mentors.
Tom and Maureen Callinan and The Callinan Family Fund are sponsors of the Charitable Words Scholars. Tom, a long-time journalist and former Editor of The Cincinnati Enquirer, is now a nonprofit advocate and activist. Tom also is affiliated with the University of Cincinnati Journalism program as McMicken Professor of Journalism and is a frequent guest lecturer at classes. Maureen is an elder law attorney, small business owner and deeply involved in engaged philanthropy and volunteer work.
Tags: collective action impact
This entry was posted on Sunday, January 27th, 2013 at 3:34 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
[…] students are selected through formal processes at the schools we partner with, working with an advisory board of six distinguished professionals in the fields of law, marketing, journalism, education and the […]